Ukrainian, Russian, German, English, French
Kateryna has a vast practical experience and specializes in Corporate / M&A, Labour, Anticorruption & Compliance issues, which in its turn provides for the integrity of various corporate rights deals as well as investment projects. Kateryna supported large-scale long-term investment projects with foreign investors and local partners’ participation, repeatedly supported structuring of investors’ joint activity in Ukraine, corporate restructuring as well as reorganization of legal entities into various legal forms.
Kateryna specializes in the corporate and employment law and has an extensive experience in legal due diligence and risk assessment regarding corporate and employment relations. Kateryna’s experience in the field of employment relations is rather vast as well. Thus, she provided advice on employment of foreign and Ukrainian citizens, staff transfer and redundancy, troublesome dismissals, etc.
Kateryna specializes in supporting international and domestic companies in the area of anticorruption compliance, developing and reviewing anticorruption policies, drafting anticorruption clauses for contracts, consulting on harmonizing internal corporate documents with the anticorruption laws requirements.
Together with the EU specialists, Kateryna has drafted the Assessment of approximation level of the present company, corporate governance, accounting and auditing legislation and existing practices in Ukraine to EU standards and practices research paper.
- Legal due diligence as well as legal support of M&A transactions, including transactions on acquisitions and/or sale of businesses/separate assets both in Ukraine and other jurisdictions;
- Legal support of the sale of two agribusiness companies of the global international meat products supplier for one of the largest fast food restaurant networks worldwide;
- Representing the company focused on the job advertisements market, the housing market and retail trade, on corporate law matters in the process of corporate rights purchase in the Cyprus-based legal entity and evaluation of relevant impact on the business in Ukraine, the investment agreement analysis, the Ukrainian company constituent documents adaptation according to the investment agreement terms;
- Legal support of the Ukrainian part of the biggest agrochemical company sale. Legal services comprised preparation and coordination of transactional documents with a Ukrainian component, support of the completion of the Ukrainian part of the transaction, advising on employment, contractual and corporate matters, as well as on the assets and intellectual property rights transfer. The transaction total value amounted to approximately $ 1 billion;
- Advising one of the biggest Austrian financial group on financial restructuring of subsidiary companies through the implementation of debt-to-equity swap;
- Legal due-diligence of the Ukrainian subsidiary of the world’s famous polymers and industrial chemicals distributor, with the headquarters in Helsinki, Finland;
- Consulting on labour issues, including top management problematic dismissal;
- Legal advice on the matter of IP rights protections of copyright and IP objects of industrial property as well as developing comprehensive IP rights enforcement strategies;
- Supporting international and domestic companies in the area of anticorruption compliance, developing and reviewing anticorruption policies, drafting anticorruption clauses for contracts, consulting on harmonizing internal corporate documents with the anticorruption laws requirements;
- Legal support of NGOs (Ukrainian Academy of Leadership, covered by a grant from the Western NIS Enterprise Fund Alumni Fund Ukraine, Ukrainian Union of Entrepreneurs).
Kateryna Zviagina received her Master’s degree in Law from the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
2013-2018 – Associate at Arzinger; since 2018 – Associate with DLF attorneys-at-law.