Ukrainian government simplifies issuance of e-Visas
On 19 August 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine at its meeting adopted Resolution No.729 On Amendments to the Rules of Issuance of Visas for Entry into Ukraine and Transit through Its Territory, according to which the issuance of electronic visas (e-Visas) for foreign citizens will be carried out in line with a new, modern and convenient procedure.
Thus, from 1 November 2020, an electronic visa (e-Visa) will be issued to foreign citizens, who arrived in Ukraine for business, private and tourist purposes, as well as for the purpose of medical treatment, cultural activities, science, education, sports, performance of official duties of a correspondent or representatives of foreign mass media, for a term not exceeding 30 days.
Also, among others, it is worth noting the following innovations:
- selection of the preferred e-Visa application procedure and reduction of the e-Visa issuance period:
- urgent e-Visa application procedure will take only 1 working day;
- standard e-Visa application procedure will take 3 working days (previously visa applications were processed up to 9 days);
- there will be a new type of visa such as e-Visa for double entry into the territory of Ukraine (consular fee of USD 30 will be charged for such type of visa);
- reduction of consular fee rates, for instance, the consular fee for a single-entry e-Visa will be USD 20 (previously it was USD 85).
To apply for an e-Visa, fill in the form at website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.