Business deregulation plan approved
On 18 March 2015, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the Business Deregulation Plan. The Plan contains 171 initiatives aimed at facilitation of doing business in Ukraine.
Among the main points of the Plan the following are worth mentioning:
- decrease in the number of controlling authorities and reduction of their powers;
- simplification of procedure for obtaining building permits;
- abolishment of the mandatory certification of food products;
- possibility to submit applications for registration of the land lease rights in electronic form;
- simplification of tax reporting forms and procedures for the customs clearance of goods;
- seizure of the entity’s servers by the law enforcement authorities only after the appropriate court decision;
- transfer of powers with regards to the issuance of permits to the local authorities;
- simplification of documentation preparation required for participation in state procurement procedures;
- development of electronic commerce market.
In addition, the effect of the Law of Ukraine on principles of state control in the economic activity area was extended by the Cabinet of Ministers to the tax authorities. This might help protect entrepreneurs from any possible abuse of power by the controlling authorities during inspections.