- Our Team
- Andriy Karpa
Ukrainian, Russian, German
Andriy Karpa has been advising companies for more than ten years, focusing on labour law and dispute resolution as well as corporate law and contractual law issues.
Andriy advises and represents our customers in all areas of labour law. His consulting services range from preparing and negotiating employment agreements, including with executives, all aspects of plant closures and plant relocations through to staff cuts and representation in labour law disputes at court.
Andriy Karpa advises both companies and executives on creating or terminating employment relationships with executives. He focuses on the contractual reasons for the cooperation, defining the powers of representation and preparing severance agreements.
His focal areas for corporate law include preparing articles of incorporation (partnership agreements), preparing and holding general meetings and advising on changes in management and in connection with corporate reorganisations or restructuring.
Andriy also provides our clients with specialist advice in disputes with shareholders, and extensively reviews transfer agreements for equity interests or shares, the possibility to dispute resolutions by the general meeting, and checks whether the general meeting was legally convened, .
Andriy has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating various types of agreements, including franchise, sales, supply or provision agreements.
His work also focuses on advice on Ukrainian customs law and support with customs duties and in disputes with the Ukrainian customs authorities.
- Advising a German manufacturer of machines for construction and construction materials on delivering and assembling equipment parts for prefabricated concrete plants in Ukraine
- Consulting a German tea beverage company on Ukrainian franchise and license law and on adjusting its franchise agreement to the requirements of Ukrainian law
- Advising one of the largest German manufacturers of industrial connection and automation technology in defining powers of representation for the managing director of its Ukrainian subsidiary
- Consulting a medium-sized international group in the shipping industry on staff cuts and the closure of its subsidiary in Ukraine
- Advising a German producer of food supplements regarding opening of a representative office in Ukraine and sale of dietary and food supplements
- Representation of interests of a German elite furniture manufacturer in matters regarding debt collection from its Ukrainian counterparties
- Consulting a Polish perfumes producer in relation to establishment and organization of its business activities in Ukraine
- Representation of interests of an Italian pumping equipment manufacturer regarding debt collection from its Ukrainian counterparties
- Advising a German IT company in relation to organization of its commercial activities and setting up of a subsidiary on the territory of Ukraine
Andriy Karpa graduated in legal sciences from the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
2003-2012 – Attorney and head of legal department with Chimex LLC; 2012-2013 – Attorney in the law firm bnt & Partners Kyiv and since 2014 Associate with DLF attorneys-at-law.