Ukrainian, Russian, German, English
Dmitriy Sykaluk consults international corporations on a wide range of labour, corporate and contract law issues, in particular, in drafting and negotiating agreements with management, contracts for works, as well as international distribution, sale and supply contracts.
Dmitriy advises investors entering the Ukrainian market on the optimum legal form, suitable sources of financing and success-oriented distribution structures. He has extensive expertise in drafting contracts, including the efficient hedging of claims, and analyzing and evaluating tax risks.
In the area of corporate law, Dmitriy Sykaluk specialises in reorganisation and due diligence. In addition, he can boast substantial experience in legal and tax consulting in complex cross-border transactions. He is the right person to contact for advice on the deduction of dividends, termination of business in Ukraine, including termination of employment relationships, staff cuts and company closures.
Dmitriy is responsible for tax consulting, namely, advice on the avoidance of double taxation, tax optimisation of certain transactions, taxation of business activities for representative offices, as well as challenging decisions or unlawful acts by tax authorities.
Dmitriy‘s legal practice also covers representing clients before domestic commercial and administrative courts of all instances (including the Supreme Court of Ukraine), as well as in arbitration proceedings.
- Supporting and consulting a Czech energy group on financing its business activities and during the construction of a 120 MW-Solar plant in Ukraine
- Representing world’s leading manufacturer of cableways in court proceedings against its Ukrainian contractual party regarding collection of claims
- Representing interests of a major Swiss engineering corporation in court proceedings against its Ukrainian contractual party regarding collection of debts
- Advising and supporting one of the world‘s leading manufacturers of elevator and escalator systems with its head office in Germany during the sale of its assets in Ukraine
- Advising one of the world’s largest manufacturers of herbal medications on licensing and customs clearance of its production in Ukraine
- Advising a German manufacturer of chimneys and exhaust gas systems on developing its distribution system in Ukraine
- Advising a German enterprise specialising in extracting, processing and refining industrial minerals on its acquisition of a kaolin plant in Ukraine
Dmitriy Sykaluk received his Master of Law from the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. He also holds a degree in translation (German and English).
2008-2010 – Legal associate and legal translator at CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz law firm; 2010-2012 – Lawyer at CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz law firm; 2012-2013 – Lawyer with bnt & Partners Kyiv, and since 2014 – Associate with DLF attorneys-at-law.
Aspects of international trade law associated with Ukraine‘s joining the World Trade Organization
Reform of Economic and Commercial Law. Insolvency law principles amended.
Ukraine in the World Trade Organization