Establishment of open registers on reimbursement of VAT
On 22 February 2016, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted the Resolution No. 68, which approved the procedure and application forms for reimbursement of VAT. We note that establishment of two open registers with the same chronological system of VAT reimbursement was provided under the relevant amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine at the end of 2015.
Applications on VAT reimbursement shall be submitted to the registers by the companies, which are not subject to insolvency procedures under the Law of Ukraine “On restoring debtor’s solvency or declaring it bankrupt”, and also by those legal entities and individual entrepreneurs, which are listed in the Unified State Register of Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs with their profile containing no data on:
- failure to provide confirmation of provided data;
- failure to establish presence at the registered office location;
- adoption of resolution in relation to separation or termination of a legal entity;
- declaring constitutional documents or changes to constitutional documents of a legal entity as fully or partially null and void;
- termination of state registration of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur.
In particular, the Resolution on reimbursement of VAT includes the following:
- data on the basis of which the registers are formed;
- automatic acceptance of applications to the respective register, which is carried out within one operational day following submission of an application;
- publishing such registers on the official website of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine;
- reimbursement of VAT in the chronological order in accordance with the priority of submission of applications to each relevant register.
Adoption of the Resolution will ensure online functioning of the open registers on chronological reimbursement of VAT.