Ukrainian, Russian, English, Italian
Taras Kosiuk advises Ukrainian and foreign companies on labour law, tax law and contract law issues, in particular during company formations in Ukraine and selecting the correct legal form, in negotiating and structuring employment agreements and also rental, sales and supply agreements.
In labour law, Taras specialises in advice for new hires, structuring employment agreements, including with executives, and preparing and registering collective agreements. In the event of reductions in pay or staff cuts he can convincingly represent both the employer’s interests and also employees’ interests, including in court.
His particular strengths include advice on restricting managing directors’ powers, including introducing the so-called principle of dual control, effectively anchoring confidentiality provisions and the ban on competition in employment agreements, as well as compliance provisions.
With regard to tax and customs law, Taras Kosiuk advises our clients, providing expert opinions on the legality of claims by the tax or customs office, as well as assisting them with objections to tax assessments, and he also represents our customers’ interests at court. His competences also include advising on VAT returns and avoiding double taxation.
- Advising and supporting a Ukrainian agricultural holding company when setting up poultry factories
- Advising and supporting one of the world’s leading manufacturers of household equipment when hiring a managing director for its Ukrainian subsidiary
- Advising a German manufacturer of machines for construction and construction materials on delivering and assembling equipment parts for prefabricated concrete plants in Ukraine
- Advising an international manufacturer of machine-driven precision-tools and tooling systems for processing wooden and plastic materials when hiring a managing director for a Ukrainian sales and service company, as well as defining and restricting his powers.
Advising an international manufacturer of aromas for foodstuffs with regard to the payment of dividends from its Ukrainian subsidiary’s business operations, including advice on avoiding double taxation.
- Advising the leading international pharmaceutical company with the headquarters in Hungary on issues of execution of a labour agreement with the employee and supervision of restatement of the charter of the Ukrainian subsidiary and its state registration.
- Consulting one of the largest German NGO’s regarding opening of a representative office and charity activities in Ukraine.
Taras Kosiuk graduated with a masters degree with honours from the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. He also holds a degree in translation for the English language.
2010 – legal employee and specialist legal translator with the law firm bnt & Partners; 2011-2012 – legal employee in the law firm KM Partners; 2012-2014 – worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and has been an Associate with DLF attorneys-at-law since 2014.