Corporate law / M&A
Contract law / Tax law
Intellectual property law
Ukrainian, Russian, English
Andrii Zharikov consults our clients on matters of labour and corporate law, and in relation to trade finance. He has extensive experience in performance of due diligence of entities, consulting on matters of operational activity of companies and their corporate restructuring. Andrii also has expertise in intellectual property law, alternative dispute resolution, and banking and finance law. In addition, Andrii has significant experience in registration of representative offices of foreign companies in Ukraine.
The focus of Andrii Zharikov’s activities is corporate law, in particular in relation to operational activities of companies. Andrii consults clients on issues of registration of legal entities, investment protection in Ukraine, and opening or closure of representative offices of foreign companies in Ukraine. In addition, Andrii has expertise in M&A transactions, including performance of due diligence, and complex legal supervision during a transaction and at its closure.
In order to meet our clients’ needs, he drafts foreign economic contracts, including agreements for carriage, sale and purchase, supply, etc. Andrii has significant experience in matters of trade finance regulation, including all types of documentary instruments.
Also, Andrii Zharikov advises clients on matters of labour law, in particular concerning appointment of company managers and peculiarities of conclusion of labour contracts with such managers, as well as in relation to labour disputes.
Andrii is the author of several academic and practical articles concerning the actual problems in the areas of corporate, banking and finance, trade law, and alternative dispute resolution, which were published in Ukrainian, Russian and English.
- Advising a UAE investor on matters of acquisition of an insolvent bank in Ukraine, representation of the investor’s interest before the Deposit Guarantee Fund and the National Bank of Ukraine
- Advising a regional private equity fund in relation to investment in the group of companies of a leading Ukrainian private security service provider, including performance of a complex due diligence
- Advising a leading distributor of consumer goods in CIS region in relation to crediting of operational activities and on various corporate matters
- Consulting and supporting a leading Russian information technology developer on matters of sale of its Ukrainian subsidiary to its holding company in the Netherlands
- Advising a leading German transporter in relation to corporate and operational matters of its Ukrainian branch
- Consulting a leading Ukrainian express delivery provider in relation to corporate restructuring;
- Advising a British company in connection with its corporate restructuring and sale of branches in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan
- Advising a major Ukrainian bank in relation to a possible documentary collection dispute
- Consulting a foreign investor from Luxembourg on purchase of a group of Ukrainian agricultural entities
- Consulting and supporting a French investor on purchase of a Ukrainian factoring company, including participation in due diligence and obtaining all required approvals
- Consulting a representative office of a European non-profit political organization in relation to a labour dispute with its Ukrainian employee
- Advising the leading international pharmaceutical company with the headquarters in Hungary on issues of execution of a labour agreement with the employee and supervision of restatement of the charter of the Ukrainian subsidiary and its state registration
- Obtaining the approval of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for economic concentration (M&A) on behalf of one of the largest Hungarian banks for the sale and purchase of assets of the European bank and insurance group
Andrii Zharikov holds a degree in law with honours from the Faculty of Law of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. In 2013 he received Master of Law (Magister Legum, LL.M.) degree in International Trade Law from the University of Essex (United Kingdom) following completion of his dissertation “Legal consequences of insolvency on a syndicated loan: a comparison of the UK and Ukraine”.
2013-2015 – Associate with Asters law firm; since 2015 – Associate with DLF attorneys-at-law.
Liability of the arranger of a syndicated loan: methods of protection
Rotterdam Rules: One Step Back or Two Steps Forward in Regulation of International Carriage of Goods by Sea? A critical analysis
Dispute Resolution Procedure for .УКР Domain
DOCDEX: extra trouble or effective dispute resolution on documentary financial instruments?
A Documentary Collection Instrument